We all know we should make a Will, and here are just a few reasons why:
- Ensuring your property and savings pass to the people and causes that you care about;
- Avoiding claims by relatives;
- Making life easier for your loved ones after you have gone. The administration of an Estate is far easier where there is a Will;
- Protecting your assets for future generations. You may wish to leave your Estate to younger members of your family;
- Saving Inheritance Tax, which is currently 40%;
- Arranging your funeral wishes. Otherwise your Executors or a relative may have to guess your wishes, which can be stressful;
- Making arrangements for the care of your children, also known as appointing Guardians. Otherwise your children may go into Local Authority care; and
- Making arrangements for the care of your pets. Who will look after them?
The above list is non-exhaustive, but gives an idea of why making a Will is so important. See our website www.mywillmychoice.co.uk or contact us on 01661610309 for more information.